- MySQL 5.7 and MySQL 5.6 are supported for production use.
- MySQL 5.7 achieved General Availability (GA) status with MySQL 5.7.9, which was released for production use on 21 October 2015.
- MySQL 5.6 achieved General Availability (GA) status with MySQL 5.6.10, which was released for production use on 5 February 2013.
- MySQL 5.5 achieved General Availability (GA) status with MySQL 5.5.8, which was released for production use on 3 December 2010. The MySQL 5.5 series is no longer current, but still supported in production.
- MySQL 5.1 achieved General Availability (GA) status with MySQL 5.1.30, which was released for production use on 14 November 2008. Active development for MySQL 5.1 has ended.
- MySQL 5.0 achieved General Availability (GA) status with MySQL 5.0.15, which was released for production use on 19 October 2005. Active development for MySQL 5.0 has ended.
- MySQL 5.0 is the production release series.
- The MySQL is open source and the versions are available on website is http://www.mysql.com/downloads.
|Release||General availability||Latest minor version||Latest release|
MYSQL AB, now owned by the sun micro systems, it is responsible for creating and
The MySQL distribution consist of three numbers and a suffix; for example, mysql-5.0.14-rc.
- The first number (5) is the major version and describes the file format. All MySQL 5
releases have the same file format.
- The second number (0) is the release level. the major version and release level combines the release series number.
- The third number (14) is the version number or minor number within the release series.
This is incremented for each new release.
For each minor update, the last number is increased. When there are major new features with previous versions, the second number is incremented. When the file format changes, the first number is increased.
What Mysql Release name Indicates
Release names also include a suffix. The possible suffixes are:
- alpha indicates that the release is for preview purposes only
- beta indicates that the release is appropriate for use with new development.
- rc indicates a Release Candidate. Release candidates are having all of MySQL’s internal
- If there is no suffix, it indicates that is the release is a General Availability (GA) or
How To Get Mysql Software
How to get mysql s/w: MYSQL AB company develops and maintains the mysql database server on website is http://www.mysql.com/downloads or http://dev.mysql.com .in this websites there are containing number of o/s platform distributions. Select the one distribution file in specific os. You will install the mysql on linux then you will choose to rpm extension or .tar.gz extension or you will install on windows choose win32 binary distribution.